Friday, 4 May 2012

Duxton Hill!

Off from work yet again! This week I only worked for two days, and that's quite :l for me cos I'm kinda broke and I wanna work. But nvm, next week I shall work for all five dayyyyyyyys!

I was off work on Monday so I asked Annlyn out for some afternoon tea :) She's the only one who was free, everyone else was having school/working/in army. We headed to Duxton Hill cos we wanted to explore new places; places we haven't been to before.

So as I tweeted, the first step of explore Duxton Hill is to be lost. We had to googlemap our way there haha! And the worst thing is, we started from the MRT station, walked one round and thought we were walking in the right direction, then ended up at the MRT station again. HAHAHA.

Duxton Hill is really quite inaccessible for people who take public transport. Also if you can't stand the heat from the freaking awesome Singapore weather, you might want to consider exploring some other place in Singapore. Oh along the way there were a lot of wedding/bridal shops which made us feel like getting married too ^^. But of course we won't be doing that so soon, maybe 7/8 years later?



And finallyyyyyy we reached Duxton Hill! We were super excited when we saw this signboard:

We started looking for the perfect spot to have our teabreak. Walked around and realized not many shops were open, so there weren't many choices available. We finally decided to head to Flor Patisserie for some cakes!

We had Berry Berries (strawberry cheesecake) and some greentea cake. I actually preferred the greentea cake more than the strawberry cheesecake!! I'm a real greentea lover I guess hahaha.





After that we headed to a Korean bar, if I'm not wrong it's called Wabar. Idk why but we were crazy enough to have beer in the afternoon. HAHA. And I have this feeling the people there thought me and Annlyn  are not "straight". Like we were attached. 




I really like this stretch of shops! You've got to be there to know why. 



Great day with Annlyn although we went home with a lot of mosquito bites :(

No comments:

Post a Comment