Monday, 7 January 2013

L I F E ✈

The first week of Jan is already almost over but I'm still gonna dedicate a small portion of my post today to reflect on my 2012!

2012 has been a year full of drastic changes. Started out working and to think of it, I've been working for the entire year and living without allowance ever since I graduated. I like how much more independent I have become (in this living off myself sense), and feel I've somehow grown up/matured much more through working as well. The first half of the year was carefree, without having to study, but then again there wasn't much that I did that is worth mentioning. The second half of the year became more taxing, with the changes in my family and school starting. Adjusting to University life was.... bad? There also isn't much that is worth mentioning from my first semester at school. All I remember from it is projects, presentations, mugging in the library.... GPA. And the friends you make from Uni (at least for me) don't seem very long lasting, cos most of them are merely project mates whom you will lose contact with once the project or course ends. As the year progressed I also became more into partying - (Y) or (N)? I guess it really depends on how you see it, for me I feel as long as I don't let it affect my studies and I don't become so addicted that I become I don't even recognise, then it's absolutely harmless (not literally if considering alcohol but still, haha). I also wouldn't deny that there are regrets/mistakes as a result of these parties, I just hope they won't happen again and the definition of partying would stay as fun time with friends, without any extreme unhappiness/consequences. ☺ Relationships wise, I would say nothing much has changed - people who have stayed continue staying. There are also not many who left this year which is a good thing ☺

2013 is the year I turn 20 (inserts very shocked emoji). The sudden transition from a 1 ish to a 2 ish is really scaryyyy. Few days ago was Andy's birthday, and when we realised he turned 20 we were both like wtf. It's just too sudden. It just feels like we're really much older now (yes although it's just twenty). 10 years ago we were still in primary school doing shit, and now we're gonna turn 20. WHUT?????? K but this might also be a good thing - I've been wanting my 21st birthday to come for quite a while, so that I can officially not answer to anybody anymore. And I have only been 19 for half a year, so I actually have many more months to enjoy being a teen (yay)!!

School is starting on Tuesday and that sucks. D: I really think I'm gonna hate this sem much more than the first sem, with AW haunting me and all my morning lessons. AW already started haunting me like one week ago with all the readings (which I haven't even opened/read) and discussions to complete. I'm praying for a slack AW prof really, I don't want my GPA to be pulled down any further this sem :( and I don't even have the back-to-school mood at all. HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT ONE MONTH OF HOLIDAYS PASSED JUST LIKE THAT?! One month is really not enough manz. I'm so looking forward to the three months break in May. But then again, that's like four months away...? :( :( :(



Now back to pictures from 2012,
The last Saturday before the year ended. Another rojak @ zouk with hatchlings Min, Fen, XY (before working the next morning altogether) and the bros KJ, Louis, Alvin!



Way too crowded at Phuture, so hot and stuffy we couldn't really enjoy the night. I'm glad it ended well though! :)

New Year's Eve was spent well. Met the three guys for brunch @ Breko because KJ wanted it so bad:
Notice the timings - HE SPAMMED ME EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T REPLY. HAHAHA.

So that was the second time in just 4 days we went to Breko.
Here's the Breko in a pan dish that KJ was talking about:

I decided to try the "big breakfast" type instead of the pan one cos ALL THREE OF THEM ORDERED THE PAN DISH. Tsk all influenced by KJ.

Louis invited us to his crib after that to play with EYEFINITY (for the guys) and baby Ian (for me) ahahaha.
I GOT TO SEE THE EYEFINITY SHIT FOR THE FIRST TIME. It just means that he has three screens and it's damn good for gaming. Nothing much for me actually cos I don't usually game and don't need such a long screen. But it's still damn cool watching them play all the racing/shooting games with the screens.

Count down to the new year was at Anetta's house! Baked oreo cheesecake, played MJ and all the usual drinking games to get us all high. Unfortunately I had to leave at 3 cos I had work the next morning.
All looking rosy after the drinks haha



Started the year with three shifts of work consecutively, died at the end of it. But I'm still glad I worked on New Year's cos it was really pretty fun with all the people around :)

Got my well deserved TGIW on Wed! Mega girls party on that day, been long since that happened.
YES it's this girl again. HAHA, my lil sister is a party animaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal.








NY girls unite!


I like this photo HAHA my lil sis looks so funny hahaha

I like how friendships (albeit temporary) are made after alcohol hahaha

I luv Beverlyyyyy ;)


And I like this as well!!


Died for a whole day before full shift on Friday with the Hatchlings.
Had EwF for the second time and this time it was so much better than the first!

This is really good! It's the Tandori Chicken Sandwich. So much better than the fish sandwich I had the other time.

And after one whole day of work, supper with Weijie who just came back from home. Yez supper buddy is back!!

Then it was work again the next day. Seriously, have I been working too much? :O I was dead by the time I reached home after work yesterday. Kept dozing off no matter what I did, so I ended up napping till 9. I didn't really have the mood to head out and enjoy my last Saturday night, maybe also because all my supper buddies are partying/MIA/just don't wanna head out also. So instead, I spent my night oovoo-ing Stella!




CAUGHT STELLA SMILING CHEEKILY
haven't met this girl in such a long time, glad we Oovoo-ed last night and catch up so much!!
I really cannot stand how comfortable we are with each other even though we don't talk often/everyday. HEHE.

As for today, it was an awesome sleep-in Sunday. Seems like I haven't had such a chillax Sunday in a while D:
Walked to gardens to meet Anetta and Shijie for lunch @ iSteaks Grillhouse. Had an awesome time talking about every shit, from backpacking to plans for our 21st birthday to how we want to design our future houses.

The favourite combi of all-time, Mushroom Chicken with Mac&cheese and potato salad (or creamed broccoli)

Followed by Udders!

With all these awesome stuff in Gardens, how can anybody not love that place?!?
Wished everyone stayed near there then we can head there anytimeeeee. Gonna have to bring KJ&Alvin there for the first time in their lives next week. HAHA YES they've never been to chomps. But I don't really blame them la, they stay at such ulu places!!!

Thennnnnnnn it is me back home the entire day, enjoying some stay-home time. I do realise I've been out too often and treating this house as just a place to sleep/bathe/do all the simple things. I guess now that school's starting, everyone is gonna be busier and so less meet ups, more time at home. Good plan to save money $$$, been spending so much and I really need start saving!

One last day to procrastinate before school starts. I really need to get a good sleep and sufficient rest to sustain me for the sem (or at least the first week). Mega dreading school but I guess I can do nothing about it.

L I F E G O E S O N .

No comments:

Post a Comment